The new wonder skin vitamin – Niacinamide
Niacinamide also known as Vitamin B3 and Nicotinamide, is a water-soluble Vitamin that works with the natural substances in your skin.
Among a handful of other amazing skincare ingredients such as Retinol and Vitamin C, Niacinamide is a standout ingredient because of it versatility for almost any skin concern and skin type.
What are the Benefits to using Niacinamide?
Supports and boosts the skins immune responses
- There are cells in your skin known as Langerhans Cells . They are responsible for the protection and repair mechanisms of your skin. Over exposure to the sun can cause these cells to disappear, which leave the skin without it’s natural immunity against invading microbes and the safeguards against the activity of precancerous lesions.
Improves epidermal barrier performance
- Your Lipid Barrier ensures your skin remains hydrated, moist and protected from harsh elements. Niacinamide increase the production of ceramides which is an essential component of your lipid barrier, keeping the skin strong and preventing water-loss.
Reduces sensitivity and irritation
- With an improved epidermal-lipid barrier, the skin’s natural ability to protect itself and avoid external aggressors becomes improved. Overtime with a daily application of a Niacinamide formulation, improvements in the structure of the skin results in less sensitivity, blotchiness and redness that usually occur with a poor functioning barrier and environmental factors.
Regulates oil/sebum production
- When the skin can retain natural moisture and the lipid barrier, the oil flow to the skin is also regulated. For people with oily skin using a Niacinamide formulation can become a way to get rid of excessive oil and keep it under control.
Protects the skin from free radicals (antioxidant)
- Niacinamide is also associated with protecting the skin from infrared heat and free radicals that comes from the sun. Similar to damaging effects caused from UV exposure, the infrared effects activate free radicals along with overproducing pigmented cells.
Helps to improve and reduce pigmentation
- Transfer of melanosomes (pigment) from the melanocytes to surrounding skin in the epidermis is better known as a tan. Over a period of time this activity becomes dysfunctional and many people end up with blotchy and uneven pigmentation. Niacinamide assists in reducing uneven pigmentation in the process of slowing the transfer of the melanin to the epidermis of the skin.
Boosts collagen production and reduces fine lines/wrinkles
- Niacinamide boosts the production of collagen. This important vitamin improves cell differentiation which contarbutes to a better formation and synthesis of elastin and collagen.
Brightens and boosts a dull/sallow complexion
- Many Antioxidants can prevent the damage associated with age and oxidative stress, Niacinamide goes even further and reverses the visible signs. Over time exposure to the glycation and free radicals can cause the skin to appear sallow and dull. As an antioxidant Niacinamide can reduce the negative impact as well as improve the function of the skin. Allowing it to handle the damages that have left the skin looking dull, sallow and yellow. As you might have gathered, we are very impressed with all that Niacinamide can do for the skin.If your in the area why not pop in. Our Aestheticians would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
To find out more information on the Niacinamide formulations we stock here at TBC. Skin Atelier please do not hesitate to call us on 01892 538202 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.